Facial Acupuncture at Seattle Acupuncture Center
At Seattle Acupuncture Center, facial acupuncture is a full constitutional treatment that views the face as an extension of the meridians of the body, which flow from the soles of the feet to the crown of the head.
When the face is needled, blood flow and qi carries nutrients to the cells, the body interprets the insertion of the needles as a “positive” injury (microtrauma), which, in turn, through “stimulation of fibroblasts, can increase collagen output.”
- Reduces symptoms of bell’s palsy, TMJ (tempormandibular joint dysfunction), neuropathies, and aids stroke patients.
- Can improve collagen production and muscle tone.
- Improve facial color, provides more radiance to the skin
- Reduce fine lines and diminish larger winkles.
- Reduce stress, promotes total health and well-being.
- Increase local blood and lymph circulation
- Non-invasion, no downtime for healing
- Helps sinus congestion and headache.
- Benefits eyes, ears, and brain.
- Helps insomnia and dizziness.
- Helps depression and aids self-esteem.
Number of treatments: A series of 8 -20 treatments (depending on skin condition). Each treatment is 60 minutes. For best result, two treatments per week.
Maintenance treatments: After a treatment series, healthy patients should be seen once a month.
How long will the results of a treatment series last?
Within the normal organic process of aging and other considerations (including genetics, healthy lifestyle, emotions), they should last 2-3 years. Maintenance treatments should be given during this period.
Facial acupuncture is not covered by insurances except for treatment for headaches, sinusitis, and insomnia.